If you're not aware, it's not only oily skin that breaks out. Actually, even dry skin is prone to flaking, blemishes, redness, and itchiness. On top of that, blemishes happen when the pores are clogged with dirt. In most cases, that means you have overactive oil glands. However, it could also indicate that your skin is overly dry and the main culprits are dead skin and dirt. If you want to maintain your skin's natural moisture, you should learn how to take good care of it. Here are some natural remedies for dry skin.
Remedies for Dry Skin
Remedies for Dry Skin
- Drink plenty of water: Drinking 8 glasses of water a day could keep your body well hydrated and prevent dry skin.
- Baby lotion: This is regarded as one of the best moisturizing lotions available. Oftentimes, moisturizing lotions for adults carry harsh chemicals, unlike the ones suitable for babies.
- Honey: Before taking a shower, rub some honey all over your body and leave it for 5-10 minutes to keep your skin moisturized.
- Sesame oil: As an alternative to buying expensive moisturizing creams, you could opt for sesame oil instead. Rub it all over your body after your shower and see how effective it can be.
- Coconut or Avocado oil: Both of them are good for treating dry skin. Likewise, you could make a paste out of avocados and rub it all over your body.
- Petroleum Jelly: For dry lips, feet, and hands, Petroleum jelly is very ideal.
- Switch to natural soaps: Sometimes, the bath soap you regularly use might be too harsh for your skin. Switching to organic soaps could really make a big difference when it comes to treating your dry skin problem.
- Fish Oil: Fish oil found in salmon isn't only rich in essential fatty acids. Hence, consuming them regularly could also moisturize your skin.
- Banana: You can use a banana to treat dry skin on your neck and face. Just mash the banana and apply it all over your face like a face pack.
Overall, preventing dry skin could also protect you from the associated breakouts the come along with dry skin it. When it comes to cleansing the skin, always remember that “less is more.” By washing your face daily and moisturizing it could do wonders. Likewise, don't forget to gently massage your face and pat it dry. This will leave some moisture on the skin as you apply a face pack or moisturizer. Lastly, make sure that the makeup you use doesn't block the pores and if you can, wash it off as soon as possible.